I never really got over Daft Punk’s SUPER hit Get Lucky. It has become one of my favourite songs of all time since it has so many of my favourite musical elements in the same songs. With Chic’s Nile Rodgers and Pharrell Williams featured on the track, it’s no wonder that Disco-DJ Dimitri from Paris decided to re-edit the song, as it fits perfectly as an added track to his already impressive set lists. Listen to the funky re-edit here:
Music Monday is upon us once again, and this time I have a real banger to present. I found this track via a tweet actually, and fell in love instantly. I can’t say I’ve heard much about this Kiesza before, but something tells me that we will hear more from this girl. The track reminds me of those early 2000 summer dance tracks (think Ann Lee – Two Times), and also a good dash of 90s house. The video looks amazing with interesting dancing and the cool NYC backdrop. I can’t believe they shot it in one take!
I saw a few Febryary round up’s online and got inspired to make my own. Here are two of my February’s through my instagrams, February 2013 and February 2012.
1. I moved to Bergen, which has become my favourite city in Norway. 2. And therefor I was always taking pictures of this beautiful city. 3. Went to my first gig in Bergen, Ole Torjus. 4. Got free tickets for the Crystle Castles gig (not my thing), and walked out to the opening of an art show.
5. Went to the Tony Matelli art exhibition, one of the best things I had seen in my life.
6. Walked up Fløyen for the first time with Anine.
7. Took lots of pictures of beautiful Bergen and loved the fact that Bergen get’s Spring two months before Oslo.
In the Spring of 2012 I lived in New York City, and Manhattan was filled with Fashion Week, schizophrenic weather, new friends, great art discovering and amazing food.
8. Hanging around in my neighborhood.
9. Had the biggest laugh because of this Kate Moss-poster. 10. Went to an Oscar-screening in Tribeca. 11. Went for Sunday walks in Central Park. 12. Went to an Aretha Franklin concert at Radio City Music Hall and was super excited about it!
13. Chrysler, my next-door neighbor my first day in NYC
14. My view my first morning in NYC. 15. Found my fellow Norwegian Annie in a local record shop in the West Village. 16. Saw ‘The Artist’ at the finest cinema I’ve been too! 17. From a night out with the cutest swede I know of, Sandra.
19. Museum-sunday at the Guggenheim. 20. Detailed architecture. 21. Lunch at my nearby café, Café Cluny. 22. Nights at my neighbors Gallery Sand. Among beautiful art and creativity is their very impressive brut-collection.
That was some pictures of two of my February’s, can’t wait to find out what this February will bring!
It was a pretty normal Tuesday, but finding these photographs by Slim Aarons online made it oh so much more glamorous…
Palm Springs desert house, designed by Richard Neutra for Edgar Kaufman.
Lake Como 1983: Giacorno and Stefania Montegazza welcomes guests arriving at their villa.
New Orleans, 1960: Sunday brunch at Brennan’s.
Bahamas, 1967: Looking down on sunbathers on deck.
Palermo, 1984: Donna Fabrizia Lanza di Mazzarino at Villa Tasca d’Almerita.
Bahamas: Gloria Schiff with her pet dog and pet birds.
Mexico, 1971: Arturo Pani’s home in Acapulco.
Laguna Beach poolside.
Palm Beach, 1959: Socialite Alice Topping.
Athens, 1961: By the Canellopoulos penthouse pool
Cannes: Carlton Hotel.
Il Canile: Umberto Tirelli and Dino Trappetti’s villa.
Cannes, 1958: Carlton Hotel.
West Indies, 1961: Actor Hugh O’Brian hoists the sail on a dinghy.
South Africa, 1959: South Africa.
All photographs found on Everyday I Show, all photographs by Slim Aarons.