It’s a new week, and a new list. Here is five things I’m into this Monday:
B E A U T Y – dir. Rino Stefano Tagliafierro from Rino Stefano Tagliafierro on Vimeo.
1. This video by Rino Stefano Tagliafierro is probably the most beautiful thing I’ve seen so far in 2014.
A path of sighs through the emotions of life.
A tribute to the art and her disarming beauty.
2. This version of Pharrell Williams ‘Happy’ (I love, love, love the original as well) by the very talented Laura White always makes me happy on a monday morning. I have been following her career from the beginning and can’t wait to see what’s next from her.
3. Lena Dunham’s Vogue pictures – both retouched and un-retouched (meaning I liked them the first time I saw them, and I liked them when I saw the original ones). Brooklyn (almost) never looked this glamorous.
4. The fact that I’m going to Krakow in under a month + will be staying at this beautiful hotel that house many of my favourite art and style books.
5. And last, but never least, liquorice truffles, which I have had too many of this weekend.
Have a great Monday, and don’t forget: It’s only five days until your next weekend!
Paris: Coats, coats, coats, it’s all about the COAT. I especially love the beautiful light colors of beige and grey, but when that is said, I hate the stupid glasses.
Milan: Frankie Morello presented a playful, youthful fall/winter collection inspired by a hypothetical “space odyssey”. Great details, great patterns, great style for both casual everyday-wear and special occasions.
Paris: Again, it’s all about the perfect winter coat, and I will never get tired no matter how many big ass winter coats I see down the runway. Valentino showed a simple and classic menswear show for FW13, well, except for the smashing navy suit of course.
It’s getting closer and closer to Christmas, and as always I need some great music to get through these hectic weeks. This week I am listening to (among others) these great artists:
Say Lou Lou
These Swedish girls are the ones to look out for in 2014. You might have heard the Good Night Keaton remix of Maybe You? This week they released an EP for the track Better In The Dark, featuring one of my favorite tracks of the year, Beloved. Besides GREAT music, they also take the best promo pictures of all time, these might as well be from the pages of Vogue.
British Aiden Grimshaw, now just Aiden released his first lp last year, and the track Curtain Call soon became one of my favorite songs ever. This month he released a four track EP that you can download for free by joining his mailing list. The track Better Man is already highly praised by Popjustice.
And with this first post, Welcome to Charles de Blog!